Plan Your Visit
Visit T.C. Steele State Historic Site and enjoy guided tours of Steele’s studio and home, stroll through Selma Steele’s restored gardens, and discover the ever-changing views of scenic southern Indiana. Take a pleasant drive to a perfect destination. We’re located in Belmont, midway between Bloomington and Nashville, Indiana.
Volunteer Appreciation Evening is Thursday, July 9, 2015, from 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm. If you have volunteered at T.C. Steele State Historic Site, Brown County State Park or the Brown County Library, this event is about you! Please come to honor and be honored! This year it’s the Friends of T.C. Steele’s chance to host the appreciation. We’ll be cooking out at the site and enjoying potluck side dishes and desserts brought by group members. Please bring a side dish or a dessert!
Our next summer event will be Sunday at Home on July 19th, an old fashioned Ice Cream Social from 2-4 p.m. Learn more about it on our Programs page!
August 9th will be our last Sunday at Home event of the summer. Details on the scheduled activity will be published soon!
- Tuesday – Saturday 9 am-5 pm
- Sunday 1 pm-5 pm
- Closed Mondays and most holidays
- Open Memorial Day, July 4, and Labor Day
Hourly guided tours of Steele’s Large Studio and the House of the Singing Winds are available year-round. The first tour begins at 9:15 am (1:15 pm on Sundays). The last tour begins at 4:15 pm. Contact the site to schedule a special tour for your group.
- Adults $7.00
- Seniors (60 and up) $5.00
- Children (age 3-12) $2.00
- Children under 3, free
- Group Adult $6.50
- Group Senior (60 and up) $5.00
- Group Child (age 3-12) $1.50
- Children under 3, free
- Organized School Group $1.50/student
- Organized K-12 Indiana School Group FREE for students!
Discounts & Reciprocal Agreements
- NEW! Family Discount: Parents and/or grandparents bring all the kids and family tour is $20.
- Discounts apply for National Trust for Historic Preservation members.
- Members of the Friends of T.C. Steele may enjoy free admission at T.C. Steele State Historic Site, and free admission to the Indiana State Museum and participating Indiana State Historic Sites (ISMHS) until June 30, 2015.
- Members of the Friends of T.C. Steele may enjoy discounts at many T.C. Steele events and programs.
- Members of the Indiana State Museum receive free tour admission, and participating ISMHS Friends’ groups receive free tour admission until June 30th, 2015.
Grounds & Gardens
- You may enjoy the grounds free of charge! Download Map of Grounds and Trails (PDF)
- Special group garden tours may be arranged in advance. Additional fees apply.
LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
- From Indianapolis, IN
- Take I-65 South to Columbus, IN. Exit right onto ST RD 46 West. Drive 16 miles to Nashville, IN. Continue on 46 West 9 miles to Belmont, IN. Turn left (south) onto T.C. Steele Rd. Travel 1.5 miles. Enter site to the right.
- From Louisville, KY
Take I-65 North to Columbus, IN. Exit right, then turn left onto ST RD 46 West. Drive 16 miles to Nashville, IN. Continue on 46 West 9 miles to Belmont, IN. Turn left (south) onto T.C. Steele Rd. Travel 1.5 miles. Enter site to the right.
- From Bloomington, IN
Take ST RD 46 East, 9 miles to Belmont, IN. Turn right (south) onto T.C. Steele Rd. Travel 1.5 miles. Enter site to the right.
- From Columbus, IN
Take ST RD 46 West, 16 miles to Nashville, IN. Continue on 46 West 9 miles to Belmont. Turn left (south) onto T.C. Steele Rd. Travel 1.5 miles. Enter site to the right.
- From Nashville, IN
Take ST RD 46 West, 9 miles to Belmont, IN. Turn left (south) onto T.C. Steele Rd. Travel 1.5 miles. Enter site to the right.
Planning an outdoor wedding or other event? The site’s flower-filled grounds offer several settings sure to be perfect for your special day. A 24′ x 24′ building is available for private rental as well. Contact the historic site to request a Facility Use Information Packet.
STUDENT TOURS & PROGRAMS
T.C. Steele State Historic Site is a favorite of both school groups and home-schoolers learning about Indiana history, early Hoosier art and the natural world. To reserve a date or to request information about special programs, contact the historic site at email@example.com.
There’s a lot to see and do in Brown County, Indiana. For information about area restaurants, lodging and events visit the Brown County Convention and Visitors Bureau.